Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I am Caucasion & was wondering if African American hair care products helped my hair also??

I am an African American female, I use some caucasion hair care products. So I would say yea, depending on what type you are speaking of. Shampoos, Conditioners, ... Yes.



As far as the relaxers, lyes, and dyes I would say no. Most of them are based on ethnic hair. Products like Motions, TCB, and Creme of Nature are based on all types of hair.



Hope this helps.



I am Caucasion %26amp; was wondering if African American hair care products helped my hair also??

there's a certain shampoo that's pretty good. it used to come in a red plastic bottle with yellow lettering. sorry, i cannot recall the name.



I am Caucasion %26amp; was wondering if African American hair care products helped my hair also??

I'm Caucasian and I've used that cholesterol that comes in a pink jar because I have really dry hair. It's good.



I am Caucasion %26amp; was wondering if African American hair care products helped my hair also??

Honestly, it depends on the thickness of your hair. I, myself, have very thin dry hair and they really didn't work for me. I tried Pantene Pro V "for women of color" (bronze bottles) and wasn't happy with what it did to my hair. It smelled WONDERFUL, felt silky on my hair as I shampooed it in, and rinsed without a problem. I didn't know anything was wrong until I went to blow-dry my hair. Though my brush went through my hair with ease, the added oils from the shampoo left my hair weighted down and it looked almost "greasy" like I hadn't even washed it. African American hair is much coarser than Caucasian hair and requires more oils/moisturizers to keep it soft and silky. What works great for their hair, doesn't tend to work for Caucasian hair. I've found that using a hot-oil treatment before using a regular moisturizing shampoo add the moisture my hair needs, without weighing it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment